Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Using Tibetan martyrs for shameless judgmental self-promotion

Wow. I'm nearly beyond words on what I found today, which was enough to make me write my first contribution to this blog in over a year. I was looking on Facebook for updates on Jamphel Yeshi's condition after his self-immolation, and I found this:


Not only does this person find himself entitled to judge Tibetans' political actions, but he's made a very emotional space that was intended to be for those following and praying for Jamphel Yeshi-la's condition into an advertisement of his own pet project, delusions of grandeur, and patronizing claims that he can teach Tibetans to "speak to the world" better than their direct action and acts of extreme self-sacrifice have already done.

Wow, I really don't know what to say beyond this...

1 comment:

  1. i know not who you are but i truly appreciate this gesture of yours to present a progressive view of the state of affairs concerning the tibetan movement. i also read your post on the question of secular support for tibet and on racism. i am http://www.facebook.com/arnav.anjaria
    kind regards
    Arnav.

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to Overlooking Tibet, please read the commenting guidelines before posting.